Last modified 15 March 2023 to update our Privacy Notice for use by Newfold Digital, Inc. (formerly The Endurance International Group, Inc.) and all subsidiaries, including Web.com.
This Privacy Notice describes how Newfold Digital, Inc. and our subsidiaries (“we,” “us” or “Newfold”) protects personal information of our customers and visitors who use our websites, mobile applications, products or services (collectively, our “Users”). This Privacy Notice provides details about how your personal information is collected, shared and used by us, as well as an explanation of the data rights you may have in that personal information. To learn more about the Newfold corporate family covered by this privacy notice, visit: https://newfold.com. This Privacy Notice applies to all Newfold websites, emails, platforms, brands, products, services and mobile applications (collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Notice does not cover how our Users may use or share data that they collect using our Services.
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In the course of your use of the Services, we obtain the following information about you as described below.
INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE TO US
- We collect the following information from you when you provide it to us:
- Information that you provide prior and during any registration process, including in connection with a co-branded offer (such as your name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address or credit card information, geographic location, and industry).
- Information you provide, when you call or email us, for support or otherwise, or when you use our products or Services such as through email, phone calls or screen sharing services..
- Payment information, including credit card data and billing address when you purchase some of our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOUR USAGE AND DEVICES
We collect data relating to your online activity on our websites, including the following:
- Your IP address, browser type and version, geographic location and operating system version.Any device or other method of communication you use to interact with our Services including device identifiers.
- How you got to our Services and any links you click on to leave.
- Pages you view including your interactions with any videos we offer.
- When you update your information, communicate with us or order new Services.
- Metadata about your use of our Services and emails we send to you (including clicks and opens).
- Metadata about how your customers, contacts and users interact with the Services we provide you.
- Issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance.
We store the data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back-end databases and analytics systems
INFORMATION WE ACQUIRE FROM SOCIAL MEDIA
- We collect information (such as your name, social media account name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form) from third party social networking sites, when you use your social network credentials to log into some of our Service
- You can control the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site. Find out more at the social networking site you use.
INFORMATION WE ACQUIRE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We also collect the following information from other sources:
- Information you provide to us at seminars or to our partners.
- Information you provide to us in surveys.
- Information that is publicly available.
- Information you consent to us receiving from third parties.
We may collect and store demographic information (such as your zip code, gender, date of birth, and/or age), and use this data to tailor your experience on our websites, ensure you are at least 18 years of age to make purchases, provide content that we think you might be interested in, perform general improvements to the websites, and display the content according to your preferences. Such demographic information may be shared with partners, market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such aggregated demographic information that is shared with third parties.
We also collect information that you may provide during your telephone conversations with us, which we may monitor or record.
We may combine any information we collect about you with other information we have about you to help us update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To provide the requested Services to you.
- To provide you with useful content.
- To ensure the proper functioning of our Services.
- To offer and improve our Services.
- To provide you with requested information or technical support.
- To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our Services.
- To do a better job of advertising and marketing our Services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law).
- To advertise and market third party products and services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law).
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services.
- In connection with our security and compliance programs.
- To administer our websites.
- To communicate with you.
- To create directories (only when you explicitly ask to be included).
- To bill for Services.
- To target current or prospective customers with our products or Services through online advertisements served on third-party sites by third-party vendors, such as Google (subject to your consent where required by applicable law).
- To assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our Services to you.
- As otherwise described in this Privacy Notice.
We also use the information we receive to produce reports on trends and statistics, such as mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products or Services.
Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for the Services.
We also use recorded telephone conversations for quality control purposes, to train our employees and for our own protection.
SHARING WITH PARTNERS
When we share your personal information with certain third-party partners, including marketing and advertising partners, that information includes your name, email address and other information enabling partners to:
- Assist you in using our Services.
- Contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you.
- Provide you with their products or services.
If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent. Please note that if you access our Services through a tool that hides your location, such as through a virtual private network, you may not receive our request for permission because we were not able to identify you as being located in a jurisdiction where your permission is required.
In the event we collect information from you in connection with an offer that is jointly presented by us and a partner, we will let you know who is collecting the information and whose Privacy Notice applies, as well as any options you may have regarding use of your information.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND VENDORS
Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third parties to assist us in servicing you (for example, providing you with customer service, fraud detection and deterrence, or access to advertising assets and providing us with information technology and storage services) or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (including providing us with analytic information and search engine optimization services). Additional information about certain third-party service providers we share personal information with is available here. Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
If you purchase a product or service from a third party through one of our brands, we will pass your personal information to such third party in order for them to fulfill your order.
We offer features that allow you to better target who you contact through our Services. These features allow you to optimize your campaigns, segment your lists, and better customize your offerings to your customers. In order to do this, we partner with third parties who can provide you with information about your contacts. If both you and your contacts are located outside of the United Kingdom and the European Union, this may include demographic information and geographic location. We require that these third parties are contractually or legally permitted to share this information with you.
In order to provide you with these features, we may send third parties certain pseudonymized personal data about your contacts. These third parties are prohibited from using this personal data for any purpose beyond that for which it was shared.
We also share non-personal information with certain third parties, including the media, industry observers, marketing and advertising partners, vendors, customers, potential customers or partners. For example, we disclose mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our Services.
For Directory Listings. If you provide your information in order to be included in our free directories you are consenting to (1) individuals contacting you to solicit your products and services and (2) businesses contacting you to market services you may find useful. Due to the nature of a directory, your information will be published publicly and you may be contacted by phone or email depending on the information you provide. You will never be added to our directories unless you request to be included and you may remove your listing at any time by accessing your Scoot dashboard, calling +44 7418311265 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Promotional Offers and Sweepstakes. When you provide your name for a promotional offer or to enter a sweepstakes or contest, your participation in the contest constitutes the consent for the use of your name, likeness, prize, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes and to demonstrate the transparency of competition, in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. We may request the contest winner provide consent to such use in writing. We will file your name with state agencies if required by law.
SHARING WITH RESELLERS AND PRIVATE LABEL PARTNERS
As it relates to Newfold’s trusted resellers and private label partners (collectively, “Resellers”), Newfold may process customer Personal Data on behalf of Reseller. In such cases, Reseller is the data controller and Newfold is the data processor and each party’s obligations will be outlined in the Reseller Agreement between the parties. In the event of a data subject access request sent by a third party to a Reseller, Reseller will make a similar request to Newfold by visiting our DSAR portal here, and submitting the appropriate form. All data collected through this relationship will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or other similar sale transaction, your information will be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such transfer and any choices you may have regarding your information.
All users authorized by you to have access to your account can view personal information stored in the account. A primary account holder can view personal information saved in subaccounts to which they have authorized access. We share information about authorized users only for legitimate purposes consistent with this Privacy Notice, including servicing your account and marketing products and services to you.
If legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary, we may disclose your personal information to courts of law, public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements) and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, to bring legal action, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be:
- Violating our terms and conditions of use.
- Causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights, of us, other users, or third parties.
- Violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties in connection with a subpoena, as required by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency (including ICANN) in order to enforce or apply our Services Agreement or other agreements. For more information on ICANN see the Addendum for Users who purchased Domain Registration services here.
The transmission of information via the internet, email or text message is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through websites or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol
CONTACT US AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our data handling practices, or you wish to make a complaint, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at Complaint@billingpromotions.com. or by regular mail at:
24-26, Arcadia Avenue,
Greater London, N3 2JU,